Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

DSchneider Site Admin
The official Dungeons and Dragons thread

Do you play? What edition? What campaign settings are your favourites?

I'm an official Herald-level GM of the RPGA. I've been playing and running games in the Dragonlance campaign setting for years now, though I've just recently discovered a love for the new setting, Eberron. Oh, and v3.5 rocks.

Discuss everything D&D here.
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 16 Cool
16,935 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Snow_Crash
In reply to DSchneider, #1:

I've just started playing D&D 3.5 as a half-orc. I'm a lvl 1 Barbarian and a lvl 2 Cleric of Kord. It's fun.
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
WUMPUSJAGGER

My mommy would never let me play.

said I was gonna stab her in her sleep, cause I had been brain washed by the devil.

I showed her. C4 is fun.
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 6 WTF
RoadBlock Site Admin
Right now we're mostly playing 3.0 w/ a few houserules from 3.5, as well as the "Complete" line of books from 3.5.
#4  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RoadBlock Site Admin
In reply to RoadBlock, #4:

I guess I should say that I'm currently playing as a C/G half-orc cleric. My guy swings a nasty greatsword, as we just collected the head of a goblin bandit who was terrorizing some of the villages on the road to Baldurs Gate. We didn't get any money, but it did lead us to a mummy-guarded vault that held some interesting swag.
#5  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PeterJ842

What Is Dungeons and Dragons. Please dont shoot me for not knowing...
#6  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Snow_Crash
In reply to PeterJ842, #6:

It's OK...

Read this.
#7  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DSchneider Site Admin
I just started in a new campaign last night, in Eberron. I'm playing a N/E Maenad Psion. Fucking wicked.
#8  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dingolord
I stopped playing when I ran out of cool people to play with. It's hard to find a good group these days. Especially one where everyone showers.

My favorite character of all time was a gnome cleric in FR. He was a badass. I'd love to resurrect him in a new campaign.
#9  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Snow_Crash
In reply to dingolord, #9:

The group I'm playing with right now contains a Dwarf with a Charisma of 4. He wears an iron mask to hide his hideous mug.
#10  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RDM

srsly man. I wanna play with you sometime. QUIT SHUTTING ME OUT!!

I like the forgotten realms settings.
#11  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Chi_Mangetsu EmEffin TRex
*dancing time*
We're going through the Black Gates on an imperial mission proposed to us by King Brownwyn of Caer Brownwyn, my half-elf Monk's hometown, tomorrow. Yay, death! ^.^
I might find my Void Monk elemental soon! <3
And the DM will probably turn my alignment to Lawful Good (was Lawful Neutral). Probably should anyways considering none of our party is actually Good.
#12  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Rombus
I stopped playing when I ran out of cool people to play with. It's hard to find a good group these days. Especially one where everyone showers.

I haven't played in years for this exact reason.
#13  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
In reply to Rombus, #13:

I haven't played in years for this exact reason.

The people that always play our games don't take it incredibly serious and thus are clean. And there's a small, twelve year old asian girl with a vicious streak that plays, so there's that, too.
#14  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dingolord
In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #14:

That's the trick to a good group - people that don't take it incredibly serious. You have to be serious during the game, but it just can't be your life. I used to have a good group like that about ten years ago. Now I've just got a box of dice and nowhere to use them.

[sniffle]
#15  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
sigma419

I usually DM with my cousin and a few of my friends, and I made up my own campaign setting when we started. Yes, v3.5 DOES rock.
#16  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
In reply to dingolord, #15:

I really enjoy the character creation process, almost about as much as I enjoy actually playing. I could tell you about the kind of characters I've created, but that would require thinking and effort, two things of which I currently have little of at my disposal.
#17  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dingolord
In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #17:

Effort is overrated, and thinking...

I'm sorry, what?
#18  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Master_Leaf Sponsor
In reply to dingolord, #18:

I always wanted to get into D&D. a year ago, one of my buddies found a 1st edition rule book in his attic. We attempted to try to set up a game, but to no avail. As of now, I can't find anyone who knows how to play D&D. I've been looking for some free D&D online clients, but most of them are VERY BUGGY. Please help a aspiring nerd look for some party members. PLEASE
#19  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DungeonFreak

I've only had the chance to play like twice in my life, but I swear it's fucking amazing. I love it. I have a really over-active imagination, so I really got into the whole role-playing thing. It was awesome.

..... I should play more often.

- DungeonFreak
"From now on, if anybody makes my girlfriend cranky and psychotic, it's gonna be me."
"Aww, that's sweet!"
"Shut up, bitch."
"Asshole."
#20  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
sigma419
In reply to Master_Leaf, #19:

Maybe we could set up a D&D campaign in here? With DSchneider as our DM?
#21  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Master_Leaf Sponsor
In reply to sigma419, #21:

you could? is that possible?
#22  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
sigma419
In reply to Master_Leaf, #22:

Well, he is a certified DM, and we could just RP in here.
#23  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
In reply to sigma419, #23:

That'd actually be pretty cool. It wouldn't work with dice and such, but if we just stick to Roleplaying elements, it might be fun. As long as people are willing to not be idiots. And no dragons.*

*No PC dragons, I mean. Battling them is fine, but just no playing as.
#24  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
sigma419
In reply to Chi_Mangetsu, #24:

We could do dice...
#25  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
InvaderGIR Sponsor
I still play ver 2.0 cause I'm cool like that, and broke as hell. =) The campaign we have going now is on Darksun.

If a game gets started up in here count me in!
#26  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
x_GOD_x
In reply to sigma419, #23:

Iv been trying to hook up with a internet group for some time. I wasnt around during the games prime so alas i have never played.....
#27  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
FerrariMaste
In reply to x_GOD_x, #27:

This thread should be stickied.
#28  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AlienRa
i play 3 and 3/5. I deviate towards neutral-evil and chaotic-neutral. I'm often a rogue, theif, and if i can, a divine agent. fav species is a githzerai, then half-elf LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. X_X;

I don't play that much anymore, but I really wish I could scrounge a gropu together ;_;
#29  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Philix
I like 3.5. And playing In FR.
My friends and I are all major geeks so we set up a campaign...
Originally one guy was the DM but he got tired of it and stuck me with the job(Not really eh Mongoose?)
I'm pretty bad at DMing.
I like setting traps for the unsuspecting protagonists though.
And knocking them unconcious...heheh...
#30  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 564 ] [ 565 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.