You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

dark54555 Site Admin
Gaming General Forum Rules - READ MEBefore reading this thread, read the The FAQs and Help Thread.

Now, here are the forum specific rules:

Rule #1: This is what this forum is for:
-Game series discussion
-General gaming discussions (Cheating, Game Stores, etc.)
-New systems that don't fit the other forums
-Events like E3, TGS, etc.

Rule #2: This forum is NOT for:
-Specific game discussion
-"vs" threads. We don't care who has bigger fanboys.
-'What is your favorite game?'
-'What is your favorite game character?'
-Any thread with the word 'Halo' in it
-Any thread with the word 'favorite' or 'coolest' in it
-Any thread with the phrase 'least favorite' or 'hate' in it
-Did I mention don't create Halo threads?
-Anything about your clan, clan recruiting, clans, etc.
-No "what should i get/buy/do" threads

Rule #3: Look through at least the first four pages of threads to see if the thread you want to create already exists. Just because there's no search function doesn't mean you can be a lazy fanboy or girl.

Rule #4: SPELL CHECK YOUR THREAD TITLE AND DO NOT USE INTERNET SHORTHAND IN YOUR TITLE. THAT MEANS YOU.
A minor typo is one thing. Anything more than a minor typo will be deleted.

Rule #5: Take all solo-platform or solo company issues to their respective forums. We have ones for PC, Microsoft systems, Sony Systems, Nintendo Systems, and Classics and Handhelds.

RULE #6: DO NOT CREATE THREADS JUST TO TROLL.That means, do not create threads just to say that something is 'teh suck' or 'knocked up yo' grandmotha', why such-and-such a console 'ate your private area' or 'ask me about my yo''. If you want to rag on a game, give at least ONE REASON why it was bad (controls, camera, story, whatever). Anything with no reason will be locked.

Rule #7: This is not the place for Technical Problems with any game, PC, or console. Visit the Technical FAQ Wiki first and if that doesn't answer your question, go to the Technical Forum Rules and follow them to make a thread about your issue.

Rule #8: Let's only make threads for games that have been officially announced or otherwise confirmed in some fashion. It's fantastic that you'd love to see Call of Duty 10: Hitler's Revenge or Force Unleashed 3: Vader's Apprentice's Apprentice, but let's not make threads for them until we've got some citable proof they're being worked on for release.

Post edited 4/17/13 5:52PM by Mike
#1  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 26 Cool
8 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
sushiman09
In reply to dark54555, #1:

+1 because i bet that took a long time to type and to collect the links
#2  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
grifmasta Patriots

ahh so nothing specific to one gaming genre Eh?
#3  Posted 9 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
honest_owen

are final fantasy threads still banned? if not where do they go?
#4  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
HIGH101
This post has been deleted by a moderator.
#5  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Zing!
Milkman
In reply to HIGH101, #5:

Ha. You're right about that. Umm... nice turd. If it's orange and wet I guess it's safe to eat...
#6  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 12 Funny
Trogdor
All I can say... is upon my return there are places where I can post about video games and not be crushed under the weight of posts about what online Halo players favorite guns are... thank you noble lords of Red vs Blue. God Bless You All.
#7  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RoosterTooth
Rules need to be updated :p

I'll help you out

Your moderators for this forum are: Dark54555 and MaxWalrus, but any of us can help you with any problems you might have.

Before reading this thread, read The Rules and This Thread.

(I don't feel like adding links when thier a few post above)
Now, here are the forum specific rules:

Rule #1: This is what this forum is for:
-Cross-Platform Titles (sports games, Splinter Cells, Prince of Persias, DDR, etc.)
-General gaming discussions (Cheating, Game Stores, etc.)
-New Systems That Don't Fit the Other Forums
-Games and Such that Don't Fit The Other Forums
-Events like E3, TGS, etc. that Span All Platforms

Rule #2: This forum is NOT for:
-"vs" threads. We don't care who has bigger fanboys.
-'What is your favorite game?'
-'What is your favorite game character?'
-Any thread with the word 'Halo' in it
-Any thread with the word 'favorite' or 'coolest' in it
-Any thread with the phrase 'least favorite' or 'hate' in it
-Did I mention don't create Halo threads?
-Anything about your clan, clan recruiting, clans, etc. WE DON’T CARE ABOUT YOUR CLAN.
-Any kind of Moment (best, worst, most embarrassing) – Your life is sad, we don’t need to hear about it again. This is the only thread for that
-Any thread with the phrase “OF ALL TIME” in it
-No "what should i get/buy/do" threads

Rule #3: There is no longer an excuse to double post a topic use the search function.

Rule #4: SPELL CHECK YOUR THREAD TITLE AND DO NOT USE INTERNET SHORTHAND OR “1337 SPEAK” IN YOUR TITLE. THAT MEANS YOU.
A minor typo is one thing. Anything more than a minor typo will be deleted.

Rule #5: Take all solo-platform or solo company issues to their respective forums. We have ones for PC, Microsoft systems, Sony Systems, Nintendo Systems, and Classics and Handhelds.

RULE #6: DO NOT CREATE THREADS JUST TO TROLL.That means, do not create threads just to say that something is 'teh suck' or 'knocked up yo' grandmotha', why such-and-such a console 'ate your private area' or 'ask me about my yo''. If you want to rag on a game, give at least ONE REASON why it was bad (controls, camera, story, whatever). Anything with no reason will be locked.

Rule #7: Do not create threads to hand out mod points. We like 'mod point game threads' as much as a searing hot iron through the chest, and the few threads we are ambivalent about already exist.

Rule #8: For the love of God, don’t start a flame war. If a thread is against the rules, just say so and/or give a simple -1 and/or PM a moderator with a link to the thread. If this forum gets out of hand, the NO FLAMING rules will be instituted.

Rule #9: This is not the place for Technical Problems with any game, PC, or console. Visit the Technical FAQ Wiki first and if that doesn’t answer your question, go to the Technical Forum Rules and follow them to make a thread about your issue.

As always, these rules may change depending on the daily barometer readings and/or the amount of grain alcohol imbibed at the current time. Keep the noise level down, think before you post and we'll get along just fine.

Really only one revision about the search anyways excelent job dark and my the force be with you.
#8  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.