Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

CountCaboose
Crackpot TheoriesAre you having trouble getting comfortable in a thread because others shun you for your lack of sense? then this is definitly the place for you! this thread is for...

... making up the most wild and crazy theories imaginable having to do with the rvb storyline and/or characters.(unlike in most threads...
#1  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 46 Cool
7,880 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
cdnl33t Hammer
In reply to LarerFaceGOD, #5610:

Not flaming really, I just have a habit of posting that whenever someone needs to explain that something they said was a joke. It's been done to me too, lighten up bro.

In reply to emPtysp4ce, #5609:

I have not heard anything about jr being present in S10. I don't think he will though. They got enough to explain this season, let alone how he got there. But there's always the chance that I'm wrong.
#5,611  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
LarerFaceGOD
In reply to cdnl33t, #5611:

oh, k. sorry, im a bit edgy. its my first time on the forums, so im still getting used to things. only joined up to the site a few days ago.
#5,612  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Noob
cdnl33t Hammer
In reply to LarerFaceGOD, #5612:

No worries. Welcome to the forums. Learn fast, or you risk getting hit with the noob hammer.
#5,613  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
LarerFaceGOD
In reply to cdnl33t, #5613:

hehe thanks ;)
#5,614  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ember FoxGirl
In reply to cdnl33t, #5613:

Yeah, PRationality has an almost unhealthy attachment to her newb hammer. Tread carefully with that one. ;)
#5,615  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
cdnl33t Hammer
In reply to Agent_Me, #5615:

She really does doesn't she. Kinda like Thor has with his hammer.
#5,616  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ember FoxGirl
In reply to cdnl33t, #5616:

Only more feminine. And with better spelling and grammar than any Viking, God or otherwise, could muster.
#5,617  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
aa_M724
Again THE ENTIRE SERIES COULD JUST BE THE MIND OF CABOOSE POST EPISODE 3 ... ya know just sayin'....
#5,618  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
niriall The Meta
In reply to aa_M724, #5618:

Nope. Burnie said season 1-5 is real.
#5,619  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hoorah Davesexual
In reply to niriall, #5619:

As ridiculous as the post above your's is, Burnie does have a habit of lying about RvB, or at least has an innate ability to say one thing, and have another thing happen.
#5,620  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bryan
In reply to HOORAH93, #5620:

He said that seasons 1-5 are definitely real, but he hinted during the Inquisition that the Recollection might've been a layer down on the "Tex cycle".
#5,621  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
aa_M724
In reply to niriall, #5619:

I know I was just experiencing a strange lack of crackpot theories and felt I should say SOMETHING...ANYTHING

but what evs

Anyway I think that season 10 will probably end with church either killing or making peace with the director or some sort of cliffhanger
#5,622  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
emPtysp4ce
In reply to aa_M724, #5622:

Like season 9 FUCK YOU BURNIE did?
#5,623  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
aa_M724
In reply to emPtysp4ce, #5623:

yes like season 9 did btw BURNIE IS THE BEST
#5,624  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BenRG No Goodbyes
Now for some Thread Necromancy!

Here's something that occured to me tonight, based on the thread Season 8 - The End of the "Real World". I'll cross-post my reply here.

Let me be a devil's advocate here.

What reason do we have for believing the events in the last scene of Season 9 were the 'real world'? Oh, they probably were but there are a lot of unanswered questions on how it would be possible to rescue Epsilon from a locked storage unit. There's a good reason for saying it isn't possible. So, what if 'Caboose and Sarge, the two guys who are lucky with technology, jerry-rigged an interface' is just the excuse Epsilon made up subconsciously for abadoning the Blood Gulch recollection which no longer had any hold on him? What if he's simply in a new simulation based on his memories of the more recent Blood Gulch Crew and we're about to enter a whole new iteration of the cycle, with Carolina taking the role of Tex - the distressed bad-ass who needs to be saved from herself?

If this theory is true, and I'm not saying that it does, then I'm betting that, despite the revelation at the end of Season 9, Epsilon won't be free until he saves one of The Director's victims. Tex can't be saved; he's realised that her very nature makes that impossible. Carolina though...? She might be salvable, if he works hard enough at it. So the next iteration begins.

So, what do you guys think? Am I nuts, or have I given Buck a barrel-full of bacony goodness to chew on? [Smiley8]
#5,625  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Hoorah Davesexual
In reply to BenRG, #5625:

So he escaped from the (now possibly inner) storage unit into the outer storage unit? I like this, and understand why Carolina is replacing the role of Tex, but how would you explain Epsilon's ability to know where he would be held in the inner storage unit? I mean, if he hasn't seen it the first time, how is Epsilon able to remember where he would be held?
#5,626  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BenRG No Goodbyes
In reply to HOORAH93, #5626:

I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was based on his memories of Freelancer Command.
#5,627  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
Hoorah Davesexual
In reply to BenRG, #5627:

Alright, that makes sense. Exceelent theory, good sir.
#5,628  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
mhulysess
the show is filmed through cabooses eyes as he sees the world thats why church came back as a ghost and carolina shows up at the end of season 9 evidince nothing on the show makes sense
#5,629  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
mhulysess
In reply to HOORAH93, #5628:

that also explains why carolina is alive
#5,630  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neverforever
I think I found something that could possibly count as evidence for the theory that Caboose is somehow tied in with Project Freelancer.
Caboose: In a Top Ten list, five is better than six.

It might not seem like much, and it's a bit of a stretch, but it might be a reference to the board in Season 9.
#5,631  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
BuckeyeDon Thanks
In reply to neverforever, #5631:

In this thread, you don't need much. As far as I'm concerned, the stretchier the better.
#5,632  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
EmbryKaida Spiral
In reply to BuckeyeDon, #5632:

And that's why you love it here.
#5,633  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Legonater
Plausible idea:
The reason Wash wasn`t seen at the end of Season 9 is because Carolina killed him upun meeting again.
#5,634  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
emPtysp4ce
In reply to Legonater, #5634:

Plausible?
Why would she? She's probably gonna need all the fighting force she can get.
#5,635  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Legonater
In reply to emPtysp4ce, #5635:

I`m not totally sure, but ti seems like something she would do, considering what the Freelancer Project probably put them through. Maybe Wash opened fire, because he was scared she was still insane or soemthing, and she retaliated. It`s not exactly the strognest theory out there- I don`t believe it myself- but it`s a possibility.
#5,636  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
BenRG No Goodbyes
In reply to emPtysp4ce, #5635:

Because he knows just how unstable and untrustworthy she is (considering that this is Wash, being untrustworthy compared to him is a big deal). If he were around to warn the others about just how bad a bit of news she is, she wouldn't have the disposable pawns she needed to get to 'Alpha'.

That said, I think that Wash is in hiding, following from a distance. I wouldn't be suprised if he ends up with eTex in his armour because of poking around in the (supposedly empty and dead) Epsilon Container.
#5,637  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Stubbzie07 Agent
Excuse me if this has been brought up before, I am sorry if it has, but I have been re watching RvB from the start again and I came across one line that made me think...

*after Church runs away from the alien*

Church: I had to get out of there quick, that body is just dead weight"

Caboose: "I know the feeling"

Church: "what is that Supposed to mean?"

Straight after that line the subject changes, so was that a quick hint as to what/who Caboose really is?

#5,638  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
cdnl33t Hammer
In reply to Stubbzie07, #5638:

Hmmm very interesting. I've thought of that as simply Caboose's stupidity, but that's certainly possible. I'll have to go back and rewatch that episode I think.
#5,639  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Stubbzie07 Agent
In reply to cdnl33t, #5639:

Yeah I have seen that episode a few times and that's the first time something kinda clicked.

For reference it's very beginning of Season 4, probably ep. 2
#5,640  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 187 ] [ 188 ] [ 189 ] ... [ 262 ] [ 263 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.