Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

Chipper173
Pearl JamWell, I looked through every page of the archives and found nothing, so...yeah.

So I guess this is where all us Pearl Jam fans can come and talk about Pearl Jam. Their new album came out a couple weeks ago, and it's pretty good, even though it doesn't really go along with most of their other stuff, in my opinion.

They're touring as well; alas, not near me.
#1  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
31 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
RoadBlock Site Admin
Their last show was really good. I was bummed I wasn't on the floow, but it was still a good time.
#2  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bayka
I love "Ten" and "V.s" the best. They are certainly an awsome band live. They have so many excellent songs.
I want to see them before it's too late!

I've heard a couple of their new songs, (from the new album) and they're kinda poppy I think. But they still rock.
#3  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dorl_flE
Pearl Jam was a great pop band.
#4  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 2 Flamebait
Chipper173
In reply to Dorl_flE, #4:

Never really heard them described as pop before. Huh.

Their new album is with a new label with mostly R&B artists, and you can kinda see that influence in a few of the songs. But pop? Just seems weird, since they were one of the big bands in the grunge movement.
#5  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HeroinAddikt
"Jeremy" is a great song. I don't care what people say about the band; dissimulating messages are awesome in original songs such as this.
#6  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Black_Label
"Jeremy" is a good song.

In reply to Chipper173, #5:

Then what are they if they aren't pop?
#7  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
CELTICPRED
oh, but we unleashed the lion, and he hit me with a surprise left!

great song, i like evenflow also
#8  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Lame
Chipper173
In reply to Black_Label, #7:

I already said. They were part of the grunge movement in the early '90s, along with bands like Nirvana.
#9  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zeppchick
Pearl Jam rox, they're awesome. my favorite cd from them is ten, i loved them and any other grunge band that came out around the time.
#10  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Bayka
Yep, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and Nirvana were the "big three" grunge bands to come out of Seatle in the early 90's. They all released big albums in 91 (I think), Nirvana's "Nevermind" exploding the grunge craze, and subsequently over-shadowing Soundgarden's "Bad Motor Finger" (one of my favourite albums and bands).
As time went on, and Nirvana were gods, the other two (Pearl Jam and Soundgarden) marketed themselves in different genres. All bands rock though, enough said.

As for Pearl Jam, just bought "Rear View Mirror" yesterday. Really well put together album, that shows the diversity of these truly great song writers.

Rock on Pearl Jam.
#11  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
C4B00S3
you are forgeting Alice in Chains Stone Temple Pilotes

Umm.. 3 months old huh? ...

i just saw there concert.. 3 weekends ago it was kickass

Eddie came into the crowed too pics in my profile
#12  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
primcharly
In reply to C4B00S3, #12:

I loved the Stone Temple Pilots but were they really considered Grunge? (Not being smart, I just don't know.)

I have wanted to see Pearl Jam live for such a long time but something always comes up. They are one of my fav bands and I think I like every album I've heard from them (Ten, Vs, Vitalogy, Binaural, Riot Act and self-titled: I think those are all of the full-lenght albums anyway) although I have to say that I really love their latest one.

People, aside from Ten, what are your favorite Pearl Jam song/album?
#13  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
primcharly
Regarding their live concerts, although I have never seen them live, I have heard a few of their live bootlegs and they sound great. Plus it seems that they always tend to play a cover of a great song on their concerts.
#14  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Koyote
I've never seen them live and only own the album "Yield" So, I'm not a huge fan but that whole ablum was great.
#15  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ElfLuvGaddoo
This band's name fits it's sound perfectly. Pearl Jam
#16  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Wolfmother
Versus is my fav. album, then Vitalogy
#17  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
raisethyfist
In reply to primcharly, #13:

I only like "Ten"...never got into much else by them...especially not their most recent attempt...
#18  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
F14Tomcat
their new cd is pretty damn good. They have to be one of the all time greatest rock bands ever. at least they are my fav rock band.
#19  Posted 8 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Garand Picture Nil
*pokes his head into the thread he's been looking for*

Oh, here it is. How many of you folks watching this thread are members of the Ten Club?
#20  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
_stickfigure
The edited version of Jeremy had me totally confused as a kid. I'd always assumed he killed his classmates and that's what the song was about. They were all covered in blood after he came in with looks of horrified shock, and gave no clue as to what he did other than point his hand out at them. And then finally I saw the clips they didn't put in and it gave a bit of a different taste to the song.

Anyway, I always thought that the best album was Vitalogy, hands down.
#21  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
beetley
True story, my church growing up was across the street from the high school that the Jeremy kid killed himself. Look it up. RIchardson, Texas baby. REPRESENT!!!
#22  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
shaun_
I think Pearl Jam is really good
However, I don't understand why they had to change their style though. Ten and Vs were really good albums
#23  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
primcharly
People change and so do many bands. Although I love those two albums, I love even more the direction they've taken their music since then.
#24  Posted 6 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
GRIFpenguin
Anybody going to get the reissue of Ten that comes out today? SO AWeSOME!!! I also hear they're coming out with a new album this year sometime! SWEEEEETTTT!!!!!
#25  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
S1apSh0es
In reply to primcharly, #13:
In reply to C4B00S3, #12:

I loved the Stone Temple Pilots but were they really considered Grunge? (Not being smart, I just don't know.)

There were dozens of rock and punk bands coming out of Seattle at the time that were tagged with "grunge" by their labels in order to sell more units. Pearl Jam, Mother Love Bone, and Gruntruck are a few mis-tagged bands that come to mind.
#26  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GRIFpenguin
Gruntruck are definitely Grunge! By the way, Backspacer is a great album!!
#27  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DoNothing69
In reply to S1apSh0es, #26:

Pearl Jam and Mother Love Bone weren't strictly around at the same time but yeah, when Smashing Pumpkins are labelled grunge you know it's journalistic laziness. There were some great stories at the time about the smaller record labels for these bands having a lot of fun with journalists.
#28  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
DehWarrior
Pearl Jam is literally my favorite band. They are one of the few musicians who actually care about their music and fans, not just making the bottom line.
#29  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
GodfatherTom
Is anybody following the "PJ Tour Europe 2012" debacle on the 10c website?
#30  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.