Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

neatoburrito feral youth
perler bead video game sprites for sale!In case you didn't know, I've been selling perler bead sprites in my journal for while now, and I think that I've perfected my craft enough to be able to offer it to you; the general public. For those of you that don't know, perler beads are tiny little colored beads that you arrange on a pegboard and fuse together, resulting in a sturdy plastic design of your choosing. This medium lends itself very well to bringing SNES/Genesis-era and older video game sprites into life. NES-era stuff is perfect, but some of the SNES/Genesis stuff is either going to be too colorful or too large; but I will do what I can do to get your order completed to your satisfaction.

I've made quite a few of these so far, so I'll let the images speak for themselves. Click each picture for a bigger, highly detailed picture. (THE INTERNET IS AMAZING)

Aren't those neat? Wouldn't you like to have one of your very own? I KNOW I WOULD, BOB. Now's your chance to trade me cash monies and I will make you a perler bead sprite of you very own! Like I said before, I can put together just about any SNES/Genesis-era and older video game sprite of your choosing! I'm not going to be able to make everything, but I'll try my hardest to get your order completed to your satisfaction.

As for as how much cash monies I'm asking for these nerdy little doodads, I really have no set in stone pricing system. However, if you'll take a look at the pictures up there, I've charged as little as $5 (the mushrooms, that little white thing in the first picture) and as much as $25 - $30 (Samus and Metroid, respecively). Note: these things can get pretty big. The completed Samus is a whopping 13.5" x 9" and costs a tad more to ship.

As you can see, I've got a pretty substantial pallette to work with (I've gotten a few more since that pic was taken) and I can get new colors fairly easily if needs be. Also, I can add magnetic strips to the sprite if you so desire, making it a wonderful refrigerator magnet.

If you don't know exactly what kind of sprite you want, here's some good online resources that should get you pointed in the right direction:

http://www.nes-snes-sprites.com/
http://www.videogamesprites.net/
http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php
http://sprites.fireball20xl.com/
http://www.smashboards.com/fzero/emblems.php

Failing that, you can probably google for just about any sprite out there. If you don't know exactly what you want, just point me in the right direction and I'll do the best that I can to find what you want.

If you don't know what you want right now, I happen to have some finished sprites on hand that I just made for fun/practice that I'd like to sell on the cheap.

Dr. Mario viruses: $6 each, $15 for the set

Little Nemo the Dream Master sprites: $9 each, $15 for both

Saxaphone dude: $8 (I've also got some glow-in-the-dark beads that would work really well for this guy if anyone wants that)

So, if you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or shoot me an PM. Thanks for looking!
#1  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
36 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Seraph_Six
I bought the Kain.

A+ work

I highly recommend Mr. Burrito's sprites.

Post edited 10/10/06 9:25PM
#2  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Gavino Cast & Crew
I am very happy with my bullet bill. Totally worth it.

That mario on yoshi looks very cool as well.
#3  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
IAMCHURCH
The two Link sprites I got are awesome, I might buy the 1 up mushroom if I come across some money soon. Glad you finally got a thread going for it.
#4  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MikeStampede
I'd buy those Mario Mushrooms. Any chance of getting different colors? I'd like to see a Poison one and a variety of other colors. I think they'd look awesome.
#5  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
infiltrate
How much would a small kirby sprite cost? (roughly)
#6  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
In reply to MikeStampede, #5:
I'd buy those Mario Mushrooms. Any chance of getting different colors? I'd like to see a Poison one and a variety of other colors. I think they'd look awesome.

I can do those for $6 each shipped, $7 if you want them made as magnets. What colors did you have in mind?

In reply to infiltrate, #6:
How much would a small kirby sprite cost? (roughly)

Probably no more than $10; take a look at some of those links and show me one you like and I'll be able to get a better idea.
#7  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
stinklesAFI
you are now my unoffical hero...i think i'm going to cry...how much for Link?
#8  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
IAMCHURCH
Hey everyone, I bought this Link and it's freaking cool, it's up on my fridge.

#9  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MikeStampede
In reply to neatoburrito, #7:

Magnets sounds cool and the price sounds awesome, too. I'll have a look to see what colors I'd like. I'd be willing to buy each and every one of them.
#10  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
infiltrate
In reply to neatoburrito, #7:

would you happen to be able to make one similar to these but as Kirby:

($6.00 each)
#11  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Seraph_Six
In reply to infiltrate, #11:

You need to give him a link to an actual sprite (image) of the one you want made where each pixel is the same and one bead

For instance: www.nes-snes-sprites.com/KirbyDreamLand3.html

It may look small here, but it'll be bigger in beads

Post edited 10/12/06 12:17PM
#12  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
you are now my unoffical hero...i think i'm going to cry...how much for Link?

The SNES Link with the sword raised? That's $10, add a buck to make it magnetic.

would you happen to be able to make one similar to these but as Kirby:

Yeah, like Seraph said; it's better if I go directly off of a pre-existing Kirby sprite and use that as a guide. Here's some more links:

http://www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=nes&game=kirbys_adventure&type=sprites

http://tsgk.captainn.net/?p=showgame&t=sy&sy=6&ga=167

Look through there and pick one; you can even pick an induvidual frame from an animated sprite and I'll be able to do that.
#13  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
infiltrate
In reply to neatoburrito, #13:

how about this one (9th row from the bottom, the one were he is floating with his arms up (all the way to the right):

do you see the one I am looking at? I don't have photoshop at my house but if I go to my friends house I can create a red box showing you the one I want using PS. but how much would that cost?

And thanks Seraph.
#14  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
In reply to MikeStampede, #10:

Hey, I found a good poison mushroom, how's this one look?

#15  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MikeStampede
In reply to neatoburrito, #15:

That's awesome. Perfect even.
#16  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
In reply to infiltrate, #14:

Is this the one you mean?

If so, it is my opinion as a professional bead maker, that this particular sprite will not carry over well into the bead medium. If you look at it when it's bigger, you'll see that you kinda have to squint to see what's going on there. Plus, it looks like Kirby's blowing a bubble there or something and it kind of looks weird to see it out of context of its animation.

Can you take a look at some of the sprite sheets from the NES and Game Boy Kirby games? There's less colors in those and in my opinion the sprites from those games would look much better.
#17  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
In reply to MikeStampede, #16:

Cool. When you've made up your mind as to which colors/type of shrooms you want, let me know.
#18  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
infiltrate
In reply to neatoburrito, #17:

oh, I see. How about the one on this page. The "Full Walk" sprite.

www.gsarchives.net/index2.php?category=all&system=nes&game=kirbys_adventure&type=sprites&level0=animated
#19  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MikeStampede
In reply to neatoburrito, #18:

Green, Orange, Red, Purple (The pictured ones), Yellow, Blue, Pink (All with white dots/base), Black (with White, as though the colors were inverted) and maybe Transparent?
#20  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
In reply to infiltrate, #19:

How about this one?

That will go for $9, add a buck to make it a magnet. If you want me to tweak the colors at all; I could probably do that too.
#21  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Seraph_Six
Where did you get your beads, and how did you choose what colors to get?
#22  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
In reply to Seraph_Six, #22:

I originally bought my very first shipment of beads (picture is linked to in the first post) from the official perler bead website, and have bought all subsequent replacement beads from a couple of different eBay vendors.

As far as picking the colors goes, I wanted to have as rich a pallette as possible, so I ordered as many colors from this page as I thought would be useful. Basically, one 400-count bag of everything there that didn't have glitter in it and one 1,000-count bag of black since I figured I'd be using that color more than anything else. Since that initial shipment, I've replaced each color as needed from the aforementioned eBay sellers.
#23  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Seraph_Six
Should I ask how much it cost? :D
#24  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
The original shipment with all the beads, some extra ironing paper, and four pegboards cost me around $65 if I remember correctly.
#25  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Seraph_Six
Last question, I swear... Have you made up for the total cost from your sales?
#26  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
In reply to Seraph_Six, #26:

Yeah. I've sold some at another forum did pretty good there. I'm not looking to get rich from this by any means, but if I can recoup my costs and make a little bit of pocket change on the side; it's all good in my book. I have fun making these and am glad I can spread the joy.
#27  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
infiltrate
In reply to neatoburrito, #21:

thats the one I wanted. I'll add a dollor for it to be a magnet.
So thats $10 total I'll give you.
#28  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Count3D Site Admin
Behold the awesomeness of the mighty Samus sprite... how awesome? 9" x 13.5" Thanks JR!!

(can included for height comparison)

#29  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
neatoburrito feral youth
This post has been deleted by a moderator.
#30  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.