You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

dark54555 Site Admin
PlayStation 3 Technical SupportCan't get HDMI to work? Backwards compatibility problems? Ask here.
#1  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
530 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
lvlalice
im suprised there arnt more questions.

I have one im not too high in the electronics stuff so, Is there an easyer way to get at leat 1080i with a PS3 other than buying 80 doller cables?
#2  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
kingc1
probaly because not very many people have a ps3
#3  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Hitokiri151
You can get HDMI cables online cheap.. i bought mine for $15 off amazon and they work fine with my 720p TV
#4  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Rydrx B34N
go to Monoprice.com. They have awesome prices and I buy all my cables there.
#5  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ordersonyps3
This post has been deleted by a moderator.
#6  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UB3R_FRY
Help! My PS3 sucks, What can I do?
#7  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 3 Noob
indy_aka_rex
In reply to UB3R_FRY, #7:

Sit on it, Potsie.
#8  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
UB3R_FRY
In reply to indy_aka_rex, #8:

Now how did I know you'd be the one to reply to that?
#9  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
In reply to UB3R_FRY, #7:

and again i must explain that people must be more specific, how does ur ps3 suck? what's wrong?
#10  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Crypt_keeper
i need to reset my ps3. my dad messed up the video settings. i am using my wii's internet trial b/c my comp is down. please help. :)
#11  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cookiebutt
Also if you can't buy online just don't get HDMI cables...just get compnent cables...they're about $30 cheaper. and if you're worried about the sound quality not being as good whatever surround system you have should've come with a digital optical out cable that you can hook to the ps3 delivering the same 8 channel sound capability of HDMI.
#12  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Xorda
PS3 SUCKS
SONY SUCKS
SEGA RULES
END OF STORY
#13  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 4 Cool
UB3R_FRY
In reply to Xorda, #13:

Best post evar!!!
#14  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 3 WTF
Cookiebutt
Sega was the greatest in my opinion, they just didn't have the funds to keep up though. and the ps3 doesn't suck, you really can't know how great it is until you have one.
#15  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
.....wow, what a Fu|< tard...... yeah, if sega's so great then why didn't they get their dream cast to sell? it was a great idea, and i would have got one at the time, but somehow it got screwed up, i mean it the first to present online gaming to the people. so yeah, this is a ps3 forum, so why the H3ll are you in here bashing it and bragging about teh friggin SEGA company, go in the sega forum, oh wait, they probably don't have one of those either XP!
#16  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kendal
I have a question. On all the pictures of the PS3 I see a red light on the PS button on the controller, yet I've never seen it light up on my PS3. What are the conditions under which it lights up?
#17  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cookiebutt
It doesn't light up, it's just a dramatic affect sony added to it's advertisements.
#18  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
KillEr_HoBo Drunk Tank
i need help...badly...ill describe the situation first and then lead into my question/problem...i was playing resistance with my friend at his house and since he had an hdmi cable we used that instead of the component...i don't have an hdmi cable and when i went home that night i realized...CRAP i forgot to change it back...and now my friend is across town and i cant play my console T_T
so what i want to know is can someone guide me blindly through the settings from the game category over to the visual settings and help me change it back to normal?
#19  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cookiebutt
go over to the settings,then scroll down to display settings, then video output settings. it's probably still set up to display through the HDMI cable, all you have to do is go through that menu and select the composite or component cables, whichever you have.
#20  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
yes, but he is saying that he can't see anything, because his screen won't show up because he doesnt't have the correct display settings selected for his tv, i suggest getting over to your friends house, and changing it.
#21  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kendal
I think you can hold down the power button until it beeps twice to soft reset your video settings. I think that's what my friend had to do.

#22  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
i'll try that and get back to you guys on that.
#23  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NineBreaker
I have a question on backwards compatability. I dont own a PS3, so I cant find out easily.
Anyway, I'm hearing like 5 different stories on the BC thing, and I need the real one. First I hear that only a few games dont work, then I hear that on ALL the games there are blocky graphics, then I hear from someone else that for the blocky graphics issue, its only if you have an HDTV (which then another person pointed out that that was incorrect). I've been looking into it, but if someone could please get me the real story and a link, I would greatly appreciate it.
#24  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
well, ive only played one ps2 game on mine when i first got my ps3 and i was playing Metal Gear Solid 3: online (MGO) and it looked just great!, i haven't had a problem with the 'blocky'-ness and it ran smoothly and still looked great if not better than it did on the ps2, by the way, i have the HD hook up for my ps3 and the tv..
hope this helped ^_^ - Cam
#25  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
In reply to Camro69, #25:

im planning on playing some Black today or l8ter this week on it, and ill tell you how it runs and look! (why TheF*** does every one hate Black??? it is a great game by a great company with plenty of great weapons and an interesting story line and intense levels and firefights............and you all complain b/c you can't jump, fagz)
#26  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cookiebutt
I personally have tested all 23 of the PS2 games that I own and the only one that looked blocky was midnight club, and it even looked blocky on the ps2. And Sony did release the information that there are very few games that do not work, mostly games no ones ever heard of, but that problem should be fixed with the next system update.
#27  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
what is the current update right now? i haven't even hooked up my ps3 for like two weeks, i probably should do that soon though ...why the heck do the updates take so dang long to load? i mean they should really look into making the process go faster, has N E one else noticed that it takes forever, or is it just me?
#28  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Cookiebutt
it's 1.32 right now and I think the next one is scheduled to come out by february. why haven't you hooked it up in so long? and it doesn't take THAT long, it's like 10 minutes overall...which i don't see to be too bad.
#29  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Camro69
really? i thought it took longer than that......., well right now i have the Wii hooked up down stairs, and the 360 is hooked up on the 37' hdlcd in the living room. i didn't really feel like swiching the connections constantly between the 360 and the ps3, so i took it upstairs in my room and there it sits like a pretty $650.00 trophy^_^(also i didn't really want my dad to be playing with it, lol, yes my dad plays video games and i totally pwn him)
#30  Posted 7 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 17 ] [ 18 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.