You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

dark54555 Site Admin
Professor Layton (Series)I was on a trip last week, and took the plane ride as an opportunity to play through Mysterious Village. Really great little puzzle game, anyone else played it?

For that matter, anyone know when the sequel is due out in the US? It's been out in Japan for some time now (Professor Layton and the Devil Box), but I haven't seen a stateside release date anywhere yet.
#1  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
18 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
DiMono Site Admin
Is it available for PC? I like puzzle games.
#2  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dark54555 Site Admin
In reply to DiMono, #2:

It's DS only. But a DS is pretty inexpensive these days.
#3  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Flub
In reply to DiMono, #2:

Also, from what I heard, it's more story driven too.
#4  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Ravenhood
In reply to dark54555, #1:

There's still no indication of when North America will see a release for either Devil's/Pandora's Box, or Time Travel. Kind of annoying, really, especially since, as you mentioned, the second has been out in Japan since last November.
#5  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
dark54555 Site Admin
In reply to Ravenhood, #5:

I thought the first one sold fairly well. In fact, I know people who bought a DS (and had never previously owned any video game system) because of Mysterious Village.
#6  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
kaufmau
i'm really interested in this, it has only just been advertised on british TV, am going to buy it for my mother (and play it too!) it looks a awsome little games. How do the daily downloads work? anyone tried that?
#7  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yelnocp PaxEast
I have this and will vouch for its awesomeness. I'm rather surprised it doesn't have more of a following in this thread.
Anyway the puzzles are great, and they are releasing the second game sometime within the year.
#8  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SweetCyanide
I also liked this game. It managed to hold my attention long enough for me to finish the whole game, and that's saying something. Of course I couldn't figure out all of the puzzles. >__> So I cheated a little. Or a lot. <__< I like the look of the game, the buildings/people and all that are cool. And the little movie scenes are neat too. Definitely looking forward to the next one.
#9  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Beacham PAX AU
This thread reminds me of a clever puzzle.
#10  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
yelnocp PaxEast
Also waiting for the next one. Its been out in japan for some time now. They need to hurry up.
#11  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
SweetCyanide
In reply to yelnocp, #11:

Agreed. It's unfair. And still no specific release date here.
#12  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
AssCutter
Professor layton will be in my dreams tonight.
#13  Posted 5 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
zippersbefun
I was one of those people who bought a DSi just so I could get Mysterious Village. I beat it in 11 hours and LOVED IT! When I wasn't playing it I was thinking/dreaming of it. I would love, love, love to see a new one released.
#14  Posted 4 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK Best Sona NA
I just found out I missed a Layton game and a Movie. WHAT???
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
shaffizzle
the curious village is awesome, but i i still haven't played TDB or any other new ones for that matter. I should prolly hop on that
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TBSWK Best Sona NA
Reviving this thread out of necessity.

MIRACLE MASK IS AMAZING.

Seriously, best use of 3D on the 3DS and shaping up to be best Layton game.

Go buy it.
#17  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
gersberms StandardNerd
I just started playing Miracle Mask the other day and I am loving it so far. It seems easier than the earlier Layton games, which is not necessarily a bad thing considering how frustrating Layton games can be.
#18  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.