Ever play fruit ninja, I know it's a mobile game.. But I imagine Geoff and Gus attempted to slice (defend themselves against) fruit being thrown at them. Katanas, flying fruit, Gus, a great combination.
If I know RT like I THINK I do... its going to hopefully be some awesome L4D parody! They already have a safe room door, not to mention all those gun props we saw in immersion. And there have been hints for people to come dressed as zombies... no matter what they do I know the now MILLION+ other users on this site will love it! Personally, I have yet to dislike anything that RT has done so far.
Quick update, at RTX Burnie confirmed that everyone in the audience had already been filmed as part of an Immersion episode so it IS DEFINITELY coming back.... Also, in the Pokemon games the characters never question that the nurse always looks the same (I know the player always notices though) but they could have somebody be taken into town or something by one of the guys and one person (or identical twins) could be planted wherever they go and see how long it takes that person to notice... I.e, a waiter, then a shopkeeper, a sales assistant etc... with disguises of course :P
i know this idea is i bit hard to do but they should do a fifa one they wear the video glasses like on the side scroller one but the camera angle is like what you see on football matches because its easy to play easier than first person view
This plus the mario kart one
Block off their active vision just like in the trunk driving, with only a video screen. The camera is on a cherry picker showing an up high slightly offset view. Maybe even have two cameras, on from the side and one from the back, and have it randomly switch behind them.
Whoops, posted this in the season 2 thread but I guess it makes more sense to post here. Few ideas I had:
- Leap of Faith... obviously not by Gus and Geoff. I was thinking a dummy, or something. (Assassin's Creed)
- Reloading weapons easily while sprinting/under pressure (pretty much every FPS, but Left 4 Dead comes to mind)
- Feasibility of cover systems -- in games, you're often in third person while in cover, making it safe and easy to still see where the enemies are. Would be interesting to see how quickly somebody can aim for and shoot a target while coming out of cover in real life. A funny twist would be if Geoff and Gus are both told they'll be shooting stationary targets with paintball guns and they're just being timed, but they're really going to be shooting at each other. Would be funny how they react... jumping out of cover expecting a target, and getting each other instead. (I repeat.... with paintball guns)
- How long you can actually crouch walk for. (perhaps as part of an episode similar to the mythbusters "mini myths")
- Perhaps a dark obstacle course that Gus and Geoff have to sneak through. (apparent blindness of guards in Splinter Cell)
- Somebody in a Master Chief costume wrestles someone in a Samus costume to answer the ultimate question. (Halo/Metroid)
- Gus and Geoff attempt to tame a horse (Red Dead Redemption)
- Gus and Geoff are timed to get through a parkour course. Show a pro do it, then Gus and Geoff. (Mirror's Edge, Assassin's Creed, etc)
they should do something like a wanted level in gta4, and how long would it really take for Gus and Geoff to lose it, by doing a petty crime to get like a one star or two star wanted level, with fake policemen chasing them (which of course they don't know that they're fake). Or something similar to that
what i would love to see them do is video game weapon creation like in fallout 3 and dead rising 2. Just give Gus and Geoff a bunch of parts and like 30 mins and tell them to try and make as many effective weapons as they can. I mean, can you imagine the hilarity of watching them try to make a flamethrower out of a super soaker, a bic lighter, some hose and a gas can?
i love imersion so much.. but it mad me so mad that they didnt test the biggest video game thing ever.. can someone pick up a remington700 of even an chi tech intervention and actually quick scope with any degree of accuracy... its so obvious come on guys
this ones a bit of a stretch but with minecraft coming to the xbox and all the games out there like it.. they should drop G&G(gus and Geoff) off in the middle of the forest or for a day just to see if they could survive.. yah i kno bit of a stretch
you give G&G a horse and like a dart gun and you test to see how hard red dead redemption life is having them shoot targets on a horse and riding a horse for miles and miles just to see if they could do it
0.< You are aware posts can contain more than a single idea correct? If not, I must have just blown your mind. As for the shooter thing, you don't play as yourself, you play as a soldier. You play a marine, a pilot, a spartan, a mercenary. Those games you don't play some normal joe with no experience, you always play as someone who's whole life is fighting.
In reply to Chunti, #30: That's actually a really good idea, there are several other things in the CoD series that could be tested as well. Actually, I'm surprised they haven't done anything from the series yet.
arent you a trained soldier in nazi zombies or even horde mode in gears of war.. arent you a trained soldier in doom(even a super soldier?) and we've done tests on those... I guess gus and geoff have to be plumbers to be able to do the mario test right sorry