Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

MajorSilva
The Grifball YouTube Project
Click here to be taken to the official channel.

A couple of days ago I announced my plans for starting a YouTube channel this summer in the hopes to:

a) Record gameplays from Halo 3 and Reach and upload them to serve as a Grifball archive of sorts.
b) Later on start rolling out commentaries and highlights, which would hopefully be monetized, in the effort to make money via ad revenue for use in the AGLA.

Well, with the outstanding community support I've received so far, we've actually already rolled out several videos, so the timeframe has definitely changed, but the purpose of the channel remains the same.

So, you ask, "how do I get one of my leet gameplays on the channel?" Well, the process is pretty simple actually. Just click the link below to be brought to a short form you can fill out.

Click this link to submit your gameplay!

*Note: If you have multiple films in your file share you wish to submit, just put your file share link in the "Bungie.net Film Link" box.

Our only requirement is you do not submit a game from Grifball Matchmaking (in either Halo 3 or Reach). Part of the purpose of the channel is to highlight league play, to give new players a glimpse of what competitive Grifball is like. Other than that, you can submit whatever you like.

There's no need to cherry pick your games either. Again, the initial idea for this channel was to have a kind of video archive of all the old and current seasons that people could watch and enjoy. Did you go negative in the game? Lose? Choke a few times? Are you TheOneHawk? Doesn't matter. If you have any interest in having a film put up on YouTube, submit it, and we'll upload it as soon as possible.

We'll continuously post updates on the films we're planning to upload in this thread, so keep a lookout if you've submitted a film.

*Information on highlights and commentaries will come at a later date. For the time being we'll just be doing straight gameplays.*

Also, if you enjoy a video, be sure to rate, favorite, and comment as much as possible. It really helps the channel grow. Thanks in advance!.

Enjoy!
#1  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 15 Cool
420 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
MajorSilva
And now the discussion thread can return to normal.
#2  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
TheOneHawk
Nice to know I'm your definition of bad. Thanks.
#3  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 7 Funny
GFORCE137
this is pretty cool. Nice job getting this together and I like the idea of revenue
#4  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 2 Noob
Avaianche812
In reply to GFORCE137, #4:

Im pretty sure anyone likes the idea of revenue, but good shit looks pretty good.
#5  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 9 Funny
kev1897
In reply to MajorSilva, #1:

Did you go negative in the game? Lose? Choke a few times? Are you TheOneHawk? Doesn't matter. If you have any interest in having a film put up on YouTube, submit it, and we'll upload it as soon as possible.

Enjoy!
Yey! I qualify cus Im better than OneHawk.
#6  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
TheOneHawk
In reply to kev1897, #6:

Nope.
#7  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Ditto
Leo
Are you going to upload games in multiple parts since there is a time limit on YouTube videos (10 or 15 minutes can't remember)? A lot of the better games exceed this....
#8  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Landon Sponsor
In reply to Leo, #8:

Unless of course you partner the channel. Well, get it partnered I mean.
You can upload videos up to an hour.

I like the option, but I just don't make videos that long.
#9  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
In reply to Leo, #8:

ORLY I HAD NO IDEAZ

Have you even looked at the channel or...?
#10  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
menz33
In reply to MajorSilva, #1:

Personally, I think you should change some of the video titles and descriptions. I had to use my personal knowledge to know who the teams in the first game were. I think having both team names, which season, and which game in the series it was in the title instead of "champ game #2 part 1" would be better for people watching that didn't already have knowledge of the teams.
#11  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
MajorSilva
In reply to menz33, #11:

..Did you look at any of the other videos? Gotenks just names them a generic title when he uploads so I know what the game was. I just got back from work so I'll be editing the titles and adding in the tags and description. All the other videos have exactly what you mentioned.
#12  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
Speaking of the recent video, looks like Gotenks uploaded the regular season game from TRich's POV again instead of the game 2 championship game from Turban's, so I'll have to take it down anyway.
#13  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
menz33
In reply to MajorSilva, #12:

K. It was just the first thing I noticed when I looked at the channel. I hadn't really looked at any of the other videos in my short time there.
#14  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
pwnmessiah
I miss Halo 3 Grifball :(
#15  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 9 Ditto
MajorSilva
Anyone with a capture card and an interest in helping feel free to message me. We have a lot of films we need to get uploaded and only a limited number of recorders.

#16  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
got3nks
Hey sorry i havent uploaded anything in awhile, ive been bust ill try to camPthat 30 minute long vid tonight. Should be up tomorrow, well maybe/hopefully
#17  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
Sent2Destroy
Are we allowed to submit bum rush games? I have a film with some well known players in it of me going +80 and we still lost. After reviewing the film I also have come to the conclusion that Scet Shins I phone host was ridiculous in Halo 3. He got like a full court sword lunge on NKot.
#18  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TheOneHawk
In reply to Sent2Destroy, #18:

OH MY GOD YOU HAVE THAT GAME?
#19  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Sent2Destroy
In reply to TheOneHawk, #19:

Yeah Me TRich Nkot and Rockys vs Halfbreed105 Scet Shin TheOneHawk and Avatad
#20  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TheOneHawk
In reply to Sent2Destroy, #20:

Dude, laggy or not, that was the most hilarious and awesome game every played. Ever.

Also, you had host, Scet just lagged the whole thing up with his super scetchy 3G.

Fucking awesome game. That has to be put up on the channel just for comedy purposes.
#21  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Sent2Destroy
In reply to TheOneHawk, #21:

Dude the stuff Scet Shin was doing didn't even make sense. I want you to watch the film from his point of view without laughing. It's just not possible he was teleporting everywhere.
#22  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
got3nks

Actually i got a playoff game today and it would take all day to upload and i lag extremely bad when im uploading. So ill start monday.
#23  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
Yeah Bum Rush stuff is fine. Only thing that we're not accepting are games from Matchmaking.
#24  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
*New Video*

Red Ray vs. Hot Bikini Guyz - TacoPizzaHunter POV
#25  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
TRichDaKing
If you want to get better videos from my POV we can get on H3 tonight The Silva.
#26  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Sent2Destroy
In reply to MajorSilva, #24:

Going to submit that Rush game and other stuff tonight.....I wanted to submit the Grifindor vs. Thank Us Later game but Twizzter was going hard and made it last an hour.
#27  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
In reply to TRichDaKing, #26:

K The Trich.

In reply to Sent2Destroy, #27:

Submit whatever you want. No guarantee when it will get done though since apparently nobody wants to do this anymore but me =(. I used B.net to render Taco's game, downloaded the file, and uploaded it to Youtube. So unless people decide to start helping again it's going to be a waiting game until I get my new computer.
#28  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TheOneHawk
In reply to MajorSilva, #28:

Buy me a cap card and I will do a bazillion films.
#29  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Sent2Destroy
In reply to MajorSilva, #28:

Wow lame. We need a committee for this.
#30  Posted 3 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Ditto
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 13 ] [ 14 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.