You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

MajorSilva
The Grifball YouTube Project
Click here to be taken to the official channel.

A couple of days ago I announced my plans for starting a YouTube channel this summer in the hopes to:

a) Record gameplays from Halo 3 and Reach and upload them to serve as a Grifball archive of sorts.
b) Later on start rolling out commentaries and h...
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 15 Cool
420 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
MajorSilva
In reply to RageMoreNerd, #390:

I had considered that idea at first before we got the load of full video submissions at the start of the project but never really came back to it. I guess we could try it now that things are kind of down. I'd still prefer having full games, but if things don't pick up I may have to go with that.
#391  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RageMoreNerd
In reply to MajorSilva, #391:

You can have games too, in fact, you should look for games as much as possible, but I think the most important part of making a successful youtube channel is to always be putting something out. The clips can only go so far, Grifball is very very repetitive, which is also why I suggest trying to get a lot of Dash clips as well. Variety and Quantity should be the must at this point.

The clips can also be pretty much anything, they can be epic failures, hilarious betrayals, or weird glitches that somehow lead to a score, which I already have one ready.
#392  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
And still PistachioKid's film is the last one submitted...

Just for reference, here's the link to the submission form, feel free to submit GGL, AGLA, ladder, etc.
#393  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PistachioKid
In reply to MajorSilva, #393:

Are you going to upload that one? :)
#394  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
In reply to PistachioKid, #394:

Hopefully today yes. I'll at least record it today and upload tomorrow.
#395  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
HALO7JET Sponsor
H3 WL08 - Elohel vs. Red Branch Knights [xXHellslayerXx POV]

There you go! Sorry for not posting in a while. :)
#396  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
PistachioKid
In reply to MajorSilva, #395:

sweet
#397  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
I like how this thread hasn't had a post for over a month and it's still on the first page of the forum. Grifball... we'll be seeing you.

And yeah PistachioKid and TFC I'll have your films up within the next few days. For a while there I couldn't even find my cable for my capture card, sorry about the delay.
#398  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
Also, the channel is approved for monetization. Unfortunately I'm already using my info for my own channel, so I can't use mine for this channel as well. If anyone from the staff is interested in using theirs go right ahead. It probably won't be a whole lot, but I'd like to use anything we earn off of commentaries/montages toward prizes for the league.

And yeah, if it wasn't already obvious, I'm into this again, so expect more videos a whole lot more regularly.
#399  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
FlyingCow371
Don't really even remember what film I sent in to this anymore.

And for monetization, nice, maybe it'd bring more than the ads on grifball.info
#400  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
In reply to FlyingCow371, #400:

I've heard the clickable ads that everybody closes when a video starts (which is all that's offered for non-partnered channels) actually pull in $0.50 for each person that clicks them. Could definitely add up. Unfortunately Google monitors the shit out of that so if I said "EVERYBODY CLICK ADS PLZ" they'd probably catch on pretty quick. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
#401  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Mikinater1
In reply to MajorSilva, #401:

Honestly, don't tell anyone to click ads. One of my friends tried that, and his account was shut down, and now he isn't able to earn any money from Google ever.

Let people click ads when they do. Just put them up there and if people click on them, then they click on them.
#402  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
Reminder - submit your films here.

I'll be capping and commentating our game against whoever we played the other night and putting it up tomorrow hopefully, so there's that to look out for. Oh and PistachioKid you should really keep films in your file share that you submit for longer than a week or whatever. I think this is the second time you've submitted something then took it down before I could download and record it.

Reminder - submit your films here.
#403  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PistachioKid
In reply to MajorSilva, #403:

I am sorry. I will submit ones again. Thought you maybe got it already.
#404  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PistachioKid

There, I submitted one in. It should be on my fileshare forever. Till I ever start playing grifball again.
#405  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RagingMule

I'll send in our games when I get on Reach again.
#406  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
K I think I finally figured out how to do commentary over grifball gameplay. All my attempts before we're poop since grifball games are generally long with usually a lot of downtime where nothing exceptional is happening for the majority of the time. Instead of trying to commentate over an entire 20-30min film I'm going to try cutting out specific parts, good and bad, and try and give a little insight over them. This is both easier on me and probably significantly more interesting for people to watch.

Going to be giving it a shot tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.
#407  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Cool
menz33
In reply to MajorSilva, #407:

That's exactly what my idea was when I pitched the Game of the Week to RT and Waypoint.
#408  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
PistachioKid
In reply to MajorSilva, #407:

I'm pretty sure my vid is still in my file share....
#409  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
In reply to PistachioKid, #409:

Well you said forever so IT BETTER BE.
#410  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 3 Funny
PistachioKid
In reply to MajorSilva, #410:

Ya it should be...
#411  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
RagingMule
In reply to MajorSilva, #410:

Yeah, I'll send my films in whenever I get back on reach, like I said last time. I tried to but for some reason they won't even stay on my fileshare now, I upload them then check back in an hour and there not on it.
#412  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
FlyingCow371
Hey, does anybody over here with an HD capture card feel like capturing some of the highlight clips people send in? Ye don't have to worry about editing/cutting things together (Mikinater offered to do that part), but the clips need to get from xbox to computer for that craziness to happen. Let me know, and I'll get you access to say when you've downloaded a clip on the highlight page, so people know when it's safe to remove them. Also, to everybody else: if you do something cool/weird/silly/stupid in a game, save the film, make a clip, and send the link in using the same highlight page. As fun as it would be to have a full highlight reel of TrueFlyingCow's failed launch attempts (spoiler: they end in awesome betrayals), I'm pretty sure y'all can do some good things.
#413  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
JOEPRO
In reply to FlyingCow371, #413:

Do matchmaking games with randoms count? What new things would you like to see? Most of mine are Reggie Bush's or wall jumps, but I have over 100 videos saved.
#414  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TheOneHawk
In reply to JOEPRO, #414:

Doesn't matter who it's with, or against, as long as it's cool. Extra points for coming up with something cool to do that we haven't seen before.
#415  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 0 Cool
MajorSilva
Should have the video done within the next couple of days. Still need some kind of name for this series though. Any ideas?

ALSO. If anyone is interested in using the AGLAGrifball Twitch.tv channel let me know. I've cleared out all the non-Grifball videos and info so it should be good to go. I wouldn't be opposed to having multiple people with streaming privileges, I'd actually prefer it since I'd like to see the channel be relatively active. I only ask that you refrain from streaming anything other than Grifball when using the account. Should be pretty self explanatory.

Sooo yeah, PM me if you're interested and I'll get you set up.
#416  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
PistachioKid
wheres all the vids! im pretty sure my vid is still in my fileshare XD
#417  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MajorSilva
In reply to PistachioKid, #417:

Grifball sucks, that's where. Things will spring back up when Halo 4 drops, but until then I don't think I'll be doing much with this.
#418  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 3 Flamebait
PistachioKid
In reply to MajorSilva, #418:

do one more! mine!!!
#419  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Lame
neo120590
If I had a cap card I would be uploading the games I NH.
#420  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Cool
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 13 ] [ 14 ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.