You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

caleb Cast & Crew
Community Playdate BARHow are you doing today? Me? I'm doing fine, thanks for asking! This thread is for you to share anything your want! Whether it make sense and be about your gaming experiences or you just want to rant about how your boyfriend/girlfriend is just awful, share it here!

We promise not to bite, but we ...
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 12 Cool
3,432 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Leo_B The Turtle
In reply to caleb, #389:

There a thread for that?

I did not know that. Plz Caleb where can I find this thread?
#391  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to Leo_B, #391:

achievementhunter.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2233086
#392  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Zing!
Leo_B The Turtle
In reply to caleb, #392:

Thank u very much!!
#393  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NomadMan1996
Maybe instead of having all "hosters" i guess, like Caleb, Fragger, and Geoff in one lobby, thereby restricting the the lobby to thirteen or 5 other players, have each host their own, and go from lobby to lobby, like Caleb goes to Fragger to Geoff. instead of like with the reach playdate, sending an invite at 7:35, getting an invite at 8:56, and staying in the lobby until 9:01. maybe that was an isolated incident, but it was very frustrating
#394  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Sibwarra208
In reply to NomadMan1996, #394:

That's a very good idea, actually.
Rotate people through the 2-4 groups.
#395  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 WTF
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to NomadMan1996, #394:

Fragger's connection doesn't host well and by splitting up we'd have the same problem as people just message and join both. We'd have no way of knowing who joined what game. If we manage to get 4 or 5 of us we'll typically split up though.

You could also attend non Halo events and the wait times are much shorter and you could play multiple games.
#396  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
8BitGamer
In reply to caleb, #396:

I was wondering, do you have a system for filtering out people who play multiple games or do you just restart the lobby and hope people aren't jerks?
#397  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to 8BitGamer, #397:

We clear the lobby and invite people based on the messages in my inbox. I skip of gamertags I know I've played with today and sometimes I double check with Fragger via recent players.
#398  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
8BitGamer
In reply to caleb, #398:

Have you ever had to kick someone out for joining a ton of times or just being a general jerk?

(I'm not trying to get ideas or anything, just..... curious. Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.)
#399  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to 8BitGamer, #399:

Not really, if it's busy I've asked some people not to join again until the next event.
#400  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
8BitGamer
In reply to caleb, #400:

Kind of like what tried to happen with the Uncharted Playdate? (still an awesome time though)

Also, although I know not many people here are Nintendo gamers and even less own a 3DS, we need to make a Mario Kart 7 Playdate happen, dammit.
#401  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to 8BitGamer, #401:

I don't own a Wii
#402  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
8BitGamer
In reply to caleb, #402:

In reply to 8BitGamer, #401:
In reply to caleb, #400:

Kind of like what tried to happen with the Uncharted Playdate? (still an awesome time though)

Also, although I know not many people here are Nintendo gamers and even less own a 3DS, we need to make a Mario Kart 7 Playdate happen, dammit.

My point still stands though. It was just a thought anyways.

I think I found my match-made in heaven:

It WILL be mine.
#403  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to 8BitGamer, #403:

That xbox looks so good!
#404  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
8BitGamer
In reply to caleb, #404:

Not to mention the custom R2-D2 sound effects.

I checked the price ($450) and so far I have about enough for the taxes (it's a whopping 14% here in Quebec) so I have about a month and a half to make 450 bucks. Think I can pull it off?
#405  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to 8BitGamer, #405:

I believe!
#406  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
8BitGamer
In reply to caleb, #406:

Success Sammy always seems to pop up in my image searches. No idea how that works out.

Where should I begin my journey; selling cheap food outside the cafeteria? Rifling through the couch cushions? Breaking pots for rupees? I'm at a stand-still.
#407  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
MasterEzio
In reply to 8BitGamer, #407:

i like the idea of breaking pots for rupees
#408  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Funny
Sibwarra208
Damnit.
The one night I can sit down for one of these,
I get loaded with 3 essays, plus a good 4 hours of work.
I hate my teachers. So much.
Sorry I'll watch the stream, though.

Post edited 2/21/12 7:04PM
#409  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Echoplex
Yeah I won't be joining in on the game but I will def. be on the stream.
#410  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
arched33 Sponsor
I think you should hold community events that are Australian-time-friendly. I want to join these events so bad, but i can't because I'm at work :/ just a thought :P
#411  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NomadMan1996
In reply to caleb, #396:

The idea is that you would or someone would receive the messages, and then instead of others running their own lobby they could join your lobby and you would leave and start a new one. so Fragger or Geoff or whoever don't get messages, they simply take the new lobby by joining and you leaving and starting a new one. that way, not only do the spots taken up by them normally get filled by fans, but those who get in play longer, but the same amount of people get to play hypothetically. Like I would send a message, play with you, then Fragger joins, you start a new one, we play, then Geoff (these are examples) joins and Fragger moves on. That way it is like an assembly line, so the overall gaming length is increased dramatically, but since your only spending 10 mins per lobby (or whatever) the same amount of people get in. Caleb, you're right though, the Halo Playdate was really crowded and isn't typical. I understand that you do a great service just hosting these. I'm just trying to help out.
#412  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NomadMan1996
In reply to caleb, #398:

Oh wait, are we not supposed to join more than once? i thought that was allowed. i mean not spamming messages but putting yourself in the queue again once the lobby is clear.
#413  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to NomadMan1996, #413:

Normally it's fine to join more than once, but when there are over 500 people trying to play I try and limit it to one go per person.
#414  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Jman0623 Sponsor
This just came to mind, but how long does it take for an achievement horse map take to show up in a video?
#415  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to Jman0623, #415:

That varies on a ton of factors, but typically a few months.
#416  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
NomadMan1996
In reply to arched33, #411:

You could try to organize an Australian Playdate at a time for you Aussie folks.there is a UK Playdate, I'm sure you could do an Aussie one.

Post edited 2/24/12 3:54PM
#417  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JGhost Sponsor
In reply to Schraver, #7:

my record is 2 hours (researched while I wrote)
#418  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
8BitGamer
So how's the Little Big Planet Playdate going to work exactly?
#419  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
caleb Cast & Crew
In reply to 8BitGamer, #419:

Not sure yet, still working on it.
#420  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
[ Previous ] [ 1 ] [ 2 ] ... [ 13 ] [ 14 ] [ 15 ] ... [ 114 ] [ 115 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.