You
BUY YOUR TICKET NOW!

Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

kingjoey52a
Podcast BetaWhat was the podcast beta thing Burnie was talking about today? I remember him talking about it before saying he was going to post about it to get volunteers, but I never saw any posts. Did anyone here see the post/get into the beta? If not then WHAT THE FUCK!?! How the hell did no one from the podcast forum get in?(If that's what happened)

For the next round of beta testers, Burnie should come to the podcast forum first and get us to beta test it(whatever "it" is)!
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
21 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Wookiee72 Sponsor
In reply to kingjoey52a, #1:

He posted it on twitter. I replied within 4 minutes and it was too late ...
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
kamberlin22
At first, I thought Burnie was doing the beta with the sponsers only, but if the sponsers didn't get any type of message then...then I still might have a chance.
#3  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
imdafish
This is just part of the new RT that wants a more integrated experience. There's a reason Barbara was hired for community stuff. It's not just all forum work and handling e-mails. Video contests, soundtracks, podcast sponsorships. RT's becoming quite the hydra, and that's a pretty damn smart business model. Now just make sure they don't get scooped up by Rupert Murdoch and blow all their hard work becoming the next Myspace.
#4  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 3 WTF
spunkiesteff NO H8
That does suck a little he did it through twitter and not here. I am not able to watfh my twitter during the day, I am lucky enough that my work hasn't blocked me from this site, but I had the impression when he first spoke of it it was going to be posted in like a journal or something. I guess I missed the obvious but it is sad. It's weirder too because I do follow him on twitter and I truely don't remember seeing that tweet...
#5  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Wookiee72 Sponsor
In reply to spunkiesteff, #5:

You never saw it because he deleted it after he got the number of beta testers they were looking for.
#6  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
spunkiesteff NO H8
Well damn. At least I don't have to feel like an idiot anymore for looking over it. You can't read what isn't there. Shame I am not able to watch my twitter as closely as that though.
#7  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
iamjohngalt NovaUnhinged
In reply to kingjoey52a, #1:

lol People from the podcast posting on the DT forums!?! That's crazy talk.
#8  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Funny
chippy502 Sponsor
Yeah, I was under the same impression about how this would be posted. I thought it would be a journal post on the website and have literally been checking the RT news feed three times a day on the iPhone app to try and get in this beta. But I guess if he is doing it on twitter I am just out of luck since I don't have, and do not plan on getting, a twitter account.

All that being said though, it does make since why he would do it on twitter. Most people have their twitter linked to phones and will immediately see it, where as with the website or in the forum you would just have to keep checking in.
#9  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
JustinBridge
In reply to Wookiee72, #2:

That fucking sucks! I don't even have a twitter. :-(
#10  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
spunkiesteff NO H8
I see that point, but my phone doesn't alert me every time someone tweets something so unless I keep it open and refreshing it over and over I wouldn't see it. Also with my job my phone has to be off during the day and I unable to check twitter on the computer so it just sucks all around. Oh well, I hope the people trying it are enjoying though. I wonder what it could be...
#11  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
kingjoey52a
We should all leave a comment on Burnie's page asking him to alert us first when the next round of beta testers comes up. I already did it when I started this thread, so you guys get on it. Just be polite and ask nicely.
#12  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
JustinBridge
Of course! Being a Dick is stupid especially when you just want to help.In reply to kingjoey52a, #12:

#13  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
covertyow InternetBoxr
Not sure if it was the RT twitter or the RT podcast twitter, but it was mentioned that over the next couple of week, people should follow Burnie because he might be posting something new about the beta
#14  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Cool
spunkiesteff NO H8
Yeah he said something about it in the podcast that came out this week.
#15  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  - 1 Noob
TwilightGirl
Dang it I was watching here to see him post that info. So its Twitter one must watch.
#16  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
TacoPowerPhD ComeAtMeBro
In reply to kingjoey52a, #12:
We should all leave a comment on Burnie's page asking him to alert us first when the next round of beta testers comes up.

Wait, your not new here???
#17  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Zing!
kingjoey52a
In reply to TacoPowerPhD, #17:

New? I've been here sense we were the Drunk Tank group!
#18  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
Maru
In reply to TacoPowerPhD, #17:

Don't you remember Joey? He always used to come in and say "How you doin'?" Oh, no wait wrong Joey.
#19  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 4 Funny
imdafish
In reply to Maru, #19:

Wait, was it Joey Bag o' Donuts?

Mike Birbiglia
#20  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MylesFinton
Anyone have an update on this? What does the Beta entail? Ive been eyeing up his twitter like a hawk and nothing :(
#21  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 2 Ditto
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.