Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

HeadlessMarv
Re: Pixie's Music Forum GuidelinesI was considering adding a topic to a music thread, when I decided to review the rules of the thread, to make sure I don't step on any toes. To my surprise, the link that sent me to the Guidelines, was extraordinarily biased and hypocritical. It makes an explicit point that to post hateful comments about bands or genres is unacceptable, but than precedes to claim bands like Blink 182, Good Charlotte, Slipknot, Linkin Park, and ICP along with genres like Rap, Punk, Emo, and Metal are generally accepted as "bad music," with no evidence and regardless of the fact that there are entire groups on the website devoted to some of these bands, and Jeff Williams (someone who works directly with RT) has used some of the genres that Pixie mentioned. Am I the only one disturbed by this?
#1  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote  |  + 1 Ditto
2 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Frostitute Forum Mod
Those are guidelines, not hard rules. If you think you can make a good thread about x genre or x band then go ahead and try, but these guidelines were drawn up because threads about certain genres or bands quickly degenerated and contributed nothing.

So please, try and prove me wrong, but based on this thread I'm not expecting much.
#2  Posted 2 years ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.