Forum
Filter     |   View Watchlist
[ Print Friendly ] [ Watch Thread ]

ApocalypseT
Papers, Please.I haven't seen a thread about this game so here it goes.
The communist country of Arstotzka has ended a 6-year war with neighboring Kolechia and reclaimed its rightful half of the border town, Grestin.

Your job as an immigration inspector is to control the flow of people entering the Arstotzkan side of Grestin from Kolechia. Among the throngs of immigrants and visitors looking for work are hidden smugglers, spies and terrorists. Using only the documents provided by travelers and the Ministry of Admission's primitive inspect, search and fingerprint systems you must decide who can enter Arstotzka and who will be turned away or arrested.

-http://papersplease.wikia.com/wiki/Papers_Please_Wiki

Free beta download: dukope.com/
Pre-purchase options: papersplea.se/

It's a very stressful game and but also very fun. It's getting a full release on August 8th for only $10 if anyone is interested.
#1  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
12 REPLIES Watch  |  Sort by Likes · Date
Raziki Sponsor
Glory to Arstotzka.

I'm definitely picking this up on the 8th. It's a weird time-sink, but its just great. The story that goes along with it is pretty great as well.
#2  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
MrWunderbar Turbo Virgin
Love the music to this game.
#3  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
oxguy3 boop
Pre-ordered from the Humble Store without hesitation. Been super psyched for this game ever since I played the beta, can't wait for it to finally come out. Glory to Arstotzka!
#4  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
furnacewoods
I did a short video a while back during the beta. I'm really excited to play the full version.
#5  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Crackerttack
I've seen someone play the first few days, and the game looks really cool and different! I'll probably pick it up some time soon to unravel the story the game has, which is apparently really hectic and cool!
#6  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Scubacabbage Zinc Saucier
Its pretty good, I played it for the first 8 days or so, but couldn't play it any longer, its more like work then a game (complete lack of fun after maybe the first 2 days). The concept is amazing, but putting a time constraint on it works counter productively overall I feel.

I compare a game like this to a game like Uplink, putting it in a cerebral action game genre (lol). I completely get what they are doing, but think it could have been better executed as more of a slow paced, yet hard game. make the identification process harder, or add more little finicky things

Makes me a little sad as I can't really see myself playing this game more then I did in the first day that I have had it.
#7  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
ClumsyJohan
Would love to get this game, but since I'm a stingy bastard I'm going to wait until the Steam Winter Sale and hope it goes cheap then!
#8  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Daywade
Glory to Arstotzka love this game
#9  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Kaltenbach
I've played this game so much that the phrase 'Cause no trouble' is starting to become part of my daily lexicon. With a horribly fake Russian accent and everything.
#10  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Dwips
This game is amazing, and it's a hundred times better when you say everything yourself in a shitty Russian accent.
#11  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Laberoon Sponsor
I saw a Zero Punctuation video about this game, and have yet to get the BETA. I shall have to give it a go, see if it is as good as you all suggest
#12  Posted 1 year ago  |  Reply  |  Quote
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.