Make It Rain
Purchased an item from the Armoury that required the rank of Lt. Colonel.
32 COMMENTS Sort by Likes · Date
thecabooser
THIS IS EASY TO GET BUT IT TAKES A LONG TIME. I FOUND THE BEST WAY TO DO IT IS TO GO TO SCORE ATTACK ON FIREFIGHT AND USE GRUNTPOCALYPSE. AND JUST GO FOR THE CHALLENGES. USE THE DMR FOR THE HEADSHOT/LONG DISTANCE CHALLENGES. USE THE PISTOL FOR THE HEADSHOT/MINI GUN CHALLENGES AND USE YOUR GRANADES FOR THE GRANADE CHALLENGES. IN 1 ROUND I LEVELED UP 4 CHALLENGES AND GOT 6000CR IN 10 MIN. IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR GOING FOR ITS MUCH EASYER. ITS ABOUT 120 GRUNTS PER GAME SO THERES 120 HEAD SHOTS OR GRANADES. IT JUST TAKES TIME

OK YOU DONT HAVE TO YELL
3 years ago  |  + 23 Zing!
Septrin
I've only seen 1 total asshole with Lt. Colonel.
People who have it by October are all of these:
1. Has no life.
2. Dosen't need to eat or use the toilet.
3. An insomniac.
OR
4. A robot / AI.

These are just my simplest conclusions.
I am not trying to insult anyone.
3 years ago  |  + 13 Ditto
Kill_By_Deth MaybeNextRTX
Why is this ranked easier than "An Honour Serving"?
Lt. Colonel is higher than Captain.
4 years ago  |  + 12 Zing!
Linkmaster37
@ deadalicious but a black visor is a black friggin' visor!! :D im a spartan, i don't need knee pads pft
4 years ago  |  + 6 Ditto
thecabooser
Why is this ranked easier than "An Honour Serving"?
Lt. Colonel is higher than Captain.

more importintly why is this one less G's???
3 years ago  |  + 6 Ditto
BillyMaysFan
I had every achievement but this one, and then the DLC came...
3 years ago  |  + 4 Ditto
RockerMan503
My advice is to do Score attack, find a level and game type you like, and go for Commendation like long shot or grenades, also if you plan to do Sniper attack, best place is on Corvette, just stay in the left hangar, grab a needler riffle in the second wave, and have Drop Shield ability, the only thing you need to worry about are the elites at the end and maybe the hunters, hunters are two shots (sniper) to the head or one grenade one shot, find a rhythm and get credits, i usually get like 1,200 Credits on average without getting Commendation and i'm a Major grade 1. BTW i'm saving up for Mark V mk since its beast, also there are like a bunch of shoulders you can buy when your a Lt. Colonel. For those who don't favor firefight, the Target locator strategy is great, until you get a commendation called Splash Damage, before this you would get 100 credits easy, once you get this it lowers it to about 10 credits per go. My Campaign Level is The Pillar of Autumn. Reasons being its a fairly decently lengthened level with plenty of enemies and kills galore. The Big points are near the end durring the firefight while waiting for key's ship to arrive and the last part when your on the Mac cannon because they give you the most points. Be patient, this achievement takes time, and not very many people will get this very fast. Think of it as Bungie's way of forcing you to play, Good Luck, hope this helps.
3 years ago  |  + 3 Cool
Septrin
One item would be the Black visor.
You need a shedload of credits.
4 years ago  |  + 2 Ditto
Jeph055
So... much... Grifball...
3 years ago  |  + 2 Funny
Bysen Sponzor
I've only seen 1 total asshole with Lt. Colonel.
People who have it by October are all of these:
1. Has no life.
2. Dosen't need to eat or use the toilet.
3. An insomniac.
OR
4. A robot / AI.

These are just my simplest conclusions.
I am not trying to insult anyone.

you forgot h4x0rz
3 years ago  |  + 2 Funny
A4Lpl0x
Can anyone tell me why one of my friends is Warrent Officer grade 1 but had this achievement? I'm not lying or being an asshole to seem cool I'm pissed that douche is almost never online and two levels below me WTF???

He mods his achievements.....
3 years ago  |  + 2 Ditto
samisawright
As PhilB said, with this update, people who cheat by using code are getting the banhammer.

On an associated note, gruntpocalypse is being changed so it doesn't give out as many credits.

Post edited 10/04/10 4:54AM
3 years ago  |  + 2 Ditto
daedalicious
The Black Visor may be 100,000cR, but the Grenadier knee pads are only 45,000cR and are unlocked on Lt. Colonel.
4 years ago  |  + 2 Cool
Linkmaster37
4 years ago  |  + 2 Ditto
iamwillow
for those looking to spend the lowest amount of your Credits to get this achievement you can buy the Breacher Chest piece. buy this, bleep bloop, and still have most of your credits left over to save for something you actually want.
3 years ago  |  + 1 Cool
DragoStalker
only one i am missing form the oringal achivemnts
3 years ago  |  + 1 Ditto
xrennerx50
your forgeting the JFO head you can get it at Lt. Colonel and i think that is 25,000 Cr
3 years ago  |  + 1 Cool
breedo
this took so long. Using firefight matchmaking gruntpocalypse seems to be the best way
3 years ago  |  + 1 Ditto
cpsdiablo
There's actually a glitch you can do with this achievement. Go to an item that is directly above a Lt Colonel required item, that has not been purchased. When you go to confirm the purchase, as you hit A to say yes, pull back on the left thumbstick. It unlocks the achievement, but doesn't actually purchase anything.
3 years ago  |  + 1 Cool
lampie16
if anyone hasnt linked their gamertag to bungie.net i suggest it because when you check your halo reach stats it shows you how many credits you need and how many you have accumulated towards your next rank
3 years ago
md1292 NYS EMT
Just got this. It's not difficult, just time consuming. Best way to rank up (if you want to do it quickly and not just enjoy the ride) is to complete all the daily and weekly challenges, and focus on a particular commendation. The ones for firefight are probably the easiest since you can play score attack. You can focus on more than one commendation if you go for dome inspector, longshot and perfectionist by playing gruntpocalypse and only using the dmr.
3 years ago
StealthJedi
3 years ago
srking314
I do not have this achievement yet because I do not have any time because of college, but over Christmas break I had a two day membership. I played Team Swat and consistently gained 500 CR per match. I went from Warrant Officer to Warrant Officer Grade 2 in 2 days by doing that. It is a long and time consuming achievement. If you do not have access to online, I think you can play local multiplayer and still earn CR. The campaign also awards very well for going through the entire campaign and completing levels on Heroic or higher without dying. The first level is recommended for that.
3 years ago
md1292 NYS EMT
You can get a certain chest piece for only 8,000cR and it requires Lt. Colonel. So even if you've spent all your credits, you can earn the cR for this in one day.
3 years ago
cabosetek
I've only seen 1 total asshole with Lt. Colonel.
People who have it by October are all of these:
1. Has no life.
2. Dosen't need to eat or use the toilet.
3. An insomniac.
OR
4. A robot / AI.

These are just my simplest conclusions.
I am not trying to insult anyone.

I'm only one of these. You can guess which one. Also, it's not hard, it's just a grind. Especially Grade 3 ranks. Try to complete the daily and weekly challenges. They're good for Cr boosts. Like last weeks Weekly. Do 50 matches of Firefight Matchmaking. I played each match on Score Attack. Mainly because of the condition of Firefight. Can someone say LAG? The challenge was worth 3000, and each match ended out as at least 1000 Cr. So after all was said and done, I came out with over 50,000 Cr.
3 years ago
v8beatle
i hated this one it took me 2 months after release to ge there but now im a colonel so im all good
3 years ago
PhilB I am Catbug

there's a very ligitimate reason for this, according to Bungie's latest weekly update, www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=28998, there were 15,000 people on an initial sweep that were using macros (altering lines of code and such) to make an automated seqence that @OsmosisRoyal mentioned. they would automate the sequence of air strikes to repeat indefinitely. they would be somewhere else or doing something else. those people had their ranks, cR's, and everything in the armory reset to the original defaults. as well as that they got a nifty one day minimal ban (more severe ones for those who really worked around the system, like your friend.
3 years ago  |  - 1 Cool
vainerhexx
Just got 1000g on it !!!!!!
3 years ago  |  - 1 WTF
BDog_Grizzly
I've only seen 1 total asshole with Lt. Colonel.
People who have it by October are all of these:
1. Has no life.
2. Dosen't need to eat or use the toilet.
3. An insomniac.
OR
4. A robot / AI.

These are just my simplest conclusions.
I am not trying to insult anyone.

I am non of these. Well, kind of a insomniac. But thats not fair. I fought for your fucking freedom and can't sleep due to the fucking bullets I put in those fucking towel-headed bastards heads. lol. But on a lighter note... I actually just did a shit-load of Score-Attack on Court-Yard. I love that map. Plus I did a mix of Gruntpocolypse, Snipe-Attack and Crashsite (And used the fuck outa the FuelRod, Needler and Sniper.) just so I got kinda of a mix of things. JUST AS A SIDE NOTE THOUGH!!! BUNGIE will be taking CrashSite off of Score attack as of 10/19/2010. And Snipe Attack you can no longer have Weapon Pick-up. Which is fucking stupid because then you have no Chance of ever doing the Get Loud by yourself and will be FORCED to play with others in FireFight Matchmaking. Which fucking sucks balls.
3 years ago  |  - 3 WTF
OsmosisRoyal
Start Sword base on Heroic from the beginning. Run past all of the enemies until you get to the target locator. Once there wait for a checkpoint then unleash havoc. Once you get the kills just revert to your last checkpoint and repeat.

It may not give you much per go, but it helps quite a bit with commendations.
3 years ago  |  - 3 Noob
[ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ Next ]
Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.