Check it out, it's April
As I'm sure will surprise nobody, the ridiculously simplistic contest posted on April 1st garnered no entries at all. I'm glad that everyone realized it wasn't really a contest, though I actually did have an entry in mind for if people took it seriously for some reason.
More to the point, I've noticed that participation in these contests has dropped off dramatically since we began. The number of entries has been fairly consistent, but they tend to be from the same people, and voting on them has significantly diminished. Between that apparent loss of interest, and my apparent inability to keep them running on time because holy crap busy, I'm thinking that the current format just isn't working.
So we have some options. As I see them, these options are:
1) Change the judging to a panel of volunteers who will confer with each other and choose the winners.
2) Change voting in some other way, to be discussed in the comments of this news post.
3) Make it no longer a series of contests, and instead be a series of writing exercises and challenges.
4) Something I haven't thought of, to be discussed in the comments of this news post.
5) Scrap the group and move on.
There are 158 people in this group, so this is obviously not a decision I'll be making unilaterally. It's your group, so what would you like to do with it?