10 years ago
well it's been three wweeks since my last journal, i have been keeping busy with all my school assignments and work, well i'm still here, and guess what, i am a sponsor again, thanks to cumbo for doing it, next season i will be sponsoring TheBank again, and so and so fourth,
anyway i have found alot of random video's tonight so i might share them and here they are.
what was he thinking
he enjoyed it though
i wonder if she would do it?
10 years ago
Well i have been thinking alot recently about what i want to do after i finish school, i really wanted to be either a lawyer or join the defense force, but i might want to join the police force as a SWAT officer or a SERT (it's what we call it in Australia) if anyone knows a police officer, could you please talk to them about their job, i am really considering doing this
10 years ago
36 RULES FOR BANDS
1. Never start a trio with a married couple.
2. Your manager's not helping you. Fire him/her.
3. Before you sign a record deal, look up the word "recoupable" in the dictionary.
4. No one cares who you've opened for...
5. A string section does not make your songs sound any more "important".
6. If your band has gone through more than 4 bass players, it's time to break up.
7. When you talk on stage you are never funny.
8. If you sound like another band, don't act like you're unfamiliar with their music ("Oh does Rage Against The Machine also do rap-rock with political lyrics?")
9. Asking a crowd how they're doing is just amplified small talk. Don't do it.
10. Don't say your video's being played if it's only on public access.
11. When you sign to a major label, claim to have inked the best contract ever. Mention "artistic freedom" and "a guaranteed 3 record deal".
12. When you get dropped insist that it was the worst contract ever and you asked to be let go.
13.Never name a song after your band.
14. Never name your band after a song.
15. When a drummer brings in his own songs and asks to perform one of them, begin looking for a new drummer IMMEDIATELY!
16. Never enter a "battle of the bands" contest. If you do you're already a loser.
17. Learn to recognize scary word pairings: "rock opera", "white rapper", "blues jam", "swing band", "open mike", etc.
18. Drummers can take off their shirts or they can wear gloves, but not both.
19. It's not a "showcase". It's a gig that doesn't pay.
20. No one cares that you have a website.
21. Getting a tattoo is like sewing platform shoes to your feet.
22. Don't hire a publicist.
23. Playing in St. Cloud and Mankato doesn't mean you're on tour.
24. Don't join a cover band that plays Bush songs. In fact, don't join a cover band.
25. Although they come in different styles and colors, electric guitars all sound the same. Why do you keep changing them between songs?
26. Don't stop your set to ask that beers be brought up. That's what girlfriends/boyfriends are for.
27. If you use a smoke machine your music sucks.
28. We can tell the difference between a professionally produced album cover and one you made with the iMac your mom got for Christmas.
29. Remember, if blues solos are so difficult, why can so many 16 year olds play them?
30. If you ever take a publicity photo, destroy it. You may never know where or when it will turn up.
31. Cut your hair, but do not shave your head.
32. Pierce your nose, but not your eyebrow.
33. Do not wear shorts onstage. Or a suit. Or a hat.
34. Rock oxymoron's; "major label interest", "demo deal"," blues genius", "$500 guarantee", and "Fastball's second hit".
35. 3 things that are never coming back: a) gongs, b) headbands, and c) playing slide guitar with a beer bottle.
36. No one believes it when you say that this is the best audience out of any town/city/country you've played for.
10 years ago
Hey everyone how's it going, well this week has been really good for me, firstly i have had an infected ingrown toe, and i got treated on Monday so i was home all week, and it was kinda boring untill thursday when i decided to go to Electronics Boutique to get my XBOX 360, because of Cyclone Larry i only went to school for one day last week, and for those days i didn't go to school i went to work, and this wednesday i earned $271.48 so i was happy with that.
Anyway i still needed to reach $649 so i decided to trade in some games, 12 games to be precise, but i got my old xbox chipped a while ago, so before i traded the games in i copied the games across, so i didn't lose out, so after i did that i went to EB and traded them in, and 5 mins later i walked out with my XBOX 360 and the collector's edition of Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion,
I have to say i really love this game and my XBOX 360, so that is what i have been up to this week,
10 years ago
two examples of people wanting DARWIN AWARDS
(28 November 2004, Idaho) Police found Thomas lying on the floor behind his bar, bleeding from a gunshot wound. A .22 caliber revolver lay on the floor nearby. The cash register was open, but the cash was undisturbed. It appeared that the bar owner had bravely fended off a robbery attempt--but looks can be deceiving!
Actually, the man had brought his gun along for protection when he unloaded the Saturday-night revenue from the cash register. Thomas had trouble getting the register drawer open, so he tucked the gun under his arm and applied a bit more force. The gun slipped, hit the floor, and shot him through the groin, narrowly missing his reproductive organs and his heart before lodging in his right chest cavity.
But at least the cash was safe!
(4 August 2004, Oklahoma) In a similar incident, law enforcement officers called off their search for an escaped prisoner in order to help a gunshot victim. The victim had been carrying a .22-caliber pistol in the waistband of his cut-off jeans to protect himself from an escaped prisoner he had heard about. To be extra safe, he had pulled back the hammer of the gun before putting it into his pants. The gun went off and shot him in the left buttock. The victim admitted that the incident was "one of my most embarrassing moments." The escapee remained at large.
DarwinAwards.com Ã‚Â© 1994 - 2006
10 years ago
well the power is still out here, hopefully it will come on soon, we don't have much fuel left, it's now really hot and stuffy, so it made sleeping last night hard, welll anyway thats just an update
oh and we have another cyclone coming towards us and it's heading striaght towards innisfail again.
i am 4''6 so i'm a midget. it's fun to be small.
Rules for Friend request.
1. Must watch me
2.Must comment on pictures and journals
3. Try to be over 16
>>98% of teenagers does or has tried pot. If you are one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this in your profile
No questions have been answered yet